Mark S. Gaunya and Jennifer A. Borislow often refer to writing their book as “…a true labor of love 15 months in the making.” Both are very passionate about the employee benefits industry & lowering insurance costs. To share their passion, Mark & Jennifer wrote Bend The Healthcare Trend: How Consumer Driven Health and Wellness Plans Lower Insurance Costs.
The facts are the facts: American healthcare spending reached $2.4 trillion in 2008—and will exceed $4 trillion by 2018, with costs soaring at two to three times the rate of inflation.
Traditional health insurance options haven’t just failed to stop the bleeding—they’ve also kept Americans in the dark and robbed them of choice. Everyone is responsible for a small part of healthcare spending, and individuals have the power to turn the situation around.
Consumer-driven health plans (CDHPs) put knowledge and power back into people’s hands.
In this book, you’ll discover:
- Three core principals of CDHP and how they work together to lower insurance costs and improve the health and well-being of your employees
- Effective step-by-step strategies for creating, implementing, and managing CDHPs in your workplace
- Tips for building a culture of health and wellness that benefits everyone
- Tools for analyzing and fine-tuning your health plan strategy to maximize employee wellness, productivity, and financial savings year after year
- Ten real-life case studies that illustrate how CDHPs are a proven solution to rising healthcare costs
Chief Marketing Officer, Commonwealth Connector
Eric H. Schultz
President and CEO, Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan